I’ve updated the underlying blog hosted on blogger to jekyll hosted on github.
Migrating the content was fairly easy. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to migrate previous comments, it will now be hosted on disqus. The one advantage I have now is being able to write content with markdown instead of html which made things a bit more difficult. Plus everything is just a file now. I will eventually start using the jekyll provided
rogue feature for syntax highlighting.
Eventually I’ll look into some theming as well, or leave it as is, nice and clean.
- Export your blog under settings and backup content (from blogger) linky
- Use the jekyll import blogger format linky
- Create your page on github linky
- Follow setup instructions here
_config.ymlis your friend
bundle exec jekyll serveis also your friend for local testing of your content
- Current gems so far
- Setup disqus for commenting linky
- Update your site to the latest gems
bundle update github-pages
- Push your site
git add *,
git commit -m 'updates',
git push origin master
- A good link for specific jekyll functions supported within github